New Registrations for 2018-2019
If you are new to the Beaumont area and will be attending Ecole Secondaire Beaumont Composite High School, please complete the following steps:
- Phone 780.929.1340 to book a registration appointment for you and your child. This appointment consists of two parts occurring consecutively. The first appointment is a pre-registration interview with your child’s Assistant Principal. The next appointment is with your child’s counsellor. Total length of time for both parts should be approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Please complete the online registration form at least 24 hours before your appointment is scheduled. Due to the fact that we are still accepting registrations for the current 2017-2018 school year as well as for next school year (2018-2019), please be cautious that you select the correct school year from the linked images below.
- If you do not have access to a computer/internet, there are kiosks available for parents to use at the school.
- Required Documentation Checklist– Items to bring with you to your appointment or scan into the online registration site:
- Canadian Birth Certificate or documentation to support your Canadian residency (e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Study Visa, Parent’s Work Visa)
- Most recent report card
- High School Transcript, if applicable
- Progress report of each course if registering more than one month into school
- Verification of residency: document showing parent name and local address (e.g. driver’s license/utility bill)
TO REGISTER FOR 2017-2018 (CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR):
TO REGISTER FOR 2018-2019 (NEXT SCHOOL YEAR):
LEGAL documentation is required for Custody or Guardianship:
- Parental Custody Agreement if restrictions on access.
- For students who do NOT live with their parents:
- If parents live in Alberta, a Guardianship Letter from the parents must be provided. Please contact school for more information.
- If parents live outside Alberta, Legal Guardianship must be applied for through the Alberta Government. Proof of that process being intiated must be supplied by the guardian. Please contact school for more information.
Returning Students - Course Selections & Registration Information
Around Spring Break each year, students will receive their course selection packages and information sessions will be conducted by Student Services. Students select their courses online on PowerSchool under the oversight of the counsellors and administration.
Students who currently attend ESBCHS will be required to complete an online Returning Student Registration Form. More information will be available to students and parents in April, 2018.
Applying to a School That is Not Your Designated Location?
Should a family wish to enrol their child in a school other than the designated school, the enrolment request will be considered a request to attend a school of choice. Acceptance to a school of choice will be based upon existing BGRD policy and procedures including availability or non-availability of space and resources.
What is InfoSnap/PowerSchool?
InfoSnap/PowerSchool is our new online enrolment system. InfoSnap will replace our annual paper registration packets, saving valuable time. The new system is a secure process that will allow the Division to verify all student information for every child prior to the start of the new school year.
Don’t Own a Computer?
- All schools will have a kiosk/chromebook available for parents that do not have access to a computer or the internet.
- The InfoSnap/PowerSchool program is also mobile friendly, meaning that you can use your smartphone to register!
Don’t Own a Scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school in order to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, there are free Apps that will allow you to scan your documents on the go from your mobile phone or tablet and export them as JPEG or multipage PDF files. Check a few of these out:
For more information on Black Gold Regional School’s registration processes, please check out the Registration Guide.