New Registrations for 2019-2020
If you are new to the Beaumont area and will be attending Ecole Secondaire Beaumont Composite High School, please complete the following steps:
- Phone 780.929.1340 to book a registration appointment for you and your child. This appointment consists of two parts occurring consecutively. The first appointment is a pre-registration interview with your child’s Assistant Principal. The next appointment is with your child’s counsellor. Total length of time for both parts should be approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Please complete the online registration form at least 24 hours before your appointment is scheduled. Due to the fact that we are still accepting registrations for the current 2018-2019 school year as well as for next school year (2019-2020), please be cautious that you select the correct school year from the linked images below.
- If you do not have access to a computer/internet, there are kiosks available for parents to use at the school.
- Required Documentation Checklist– Items to bring with you to your appointment or scan into the online registration site:
- Canadian Birth Certificate or documentation to support your Canadian residency (e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Study Visa, Parent’s Work Visa)
- Most recent report card
- High School Transcript, if applicable
- Progress report of each course if registering more than one month into school
- Verification of residency: document showing parent name and local address (e.g. driver’s license/utility bill)
- Court approved guardianship documentation if student is not living with a parent.
TO REGISTER AS A NEW STUDENT FOR 2018-2019 (CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR):
TO REGISTER AS A NEW STUDENT FOR 2019-2020 (NEXT SCHOOL YEAR):
LEGAL documentation is required for Custody or Guardianship:
- Parental Custody Agreement if restrictions on access.
- For students who do NOT live with their parents:
- If parents live in Alberta, a Guardianship Letter from the parents must be provided. Please contact school for more information.
- If parents live outside Alberta, Legal Guardianship must be applied for through the Provincial Court of Alberta. If that process has not yet been completed, the guardian must supply proof of that process being initiated. Please contact school for more information.
Returning Students - Course Selections & Registration Information
Around Spring Break each year, students will receive their course selection packages and information. Students select their courses online on PowerSchool under the oversight of the counsellors and administration in mid-April.
Students who attended a Black Gold Regional School in 2018-2019 and are returning to a Black Gold Regional School should not complete a new student registration form. Instead, they could complete an online Student Enrolment Verification Form, through their PowerSchool Parent Portal, when advised to do so (likely in August 2019).
Additional Registration Information
Find Your School
Every child enrolling in Black Gold Regional Division No. 18 has a designated school. You can find your designated school by using our Find a Schoolpage.
New Student Registration is Processed Online
All new families are asked to register their child online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form is not available.
What is PowerSchool Registration?
PowerSchool/Infosnap Registration is our online enrolment system. PowerSchool Registration replaces annual paper registration packets, saving valuable time. The new system is a secure process that allows the Division to verify all student information for every child prior to the start of the new school year.
Don’t Own a Computer?
- All schools have a kiosk/chromebook available for parents that do not have access to a computer or the internet.
- The PowerSchool Registration program is mobile friendly, meaning that you can use your smartphone to register!
Don’t Own a Scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school in order to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, there are free Apps that will allow you to scan your documents on the go from your mobile phone or tablet and export them as JPEG or multipage PDF files. Check a few of these out:
Applying to a School That is Not Your Designated Location?
Should a family wish to enrol their child in a school other than the designated school, the enrolment request will be considered a request to attend a school of choice. Acceptance to a school of choice will be based upon existing BGRD policy and procedures including availability or non-availability of space and resources.