Grad Colours: Silver, Navy, Steel & White
Ms. Tia Martini, Mrs. BJ Butler, Ms. Cherilyn Vreim, Mr. Chris Stiles & Mrs. Paula Williams
Graduation Events Information
COVID-19 Friendly Ceremony
Saturday, June 26, 2021 at ESBCHS
Grad Update – June 11
We would like to commend you all for your patience and understanding throughout this very challenging and unpredictable school year. As we continue to pivot with restrictions and directives from Alberta Health Services we have an update to share in regards to the ESBCHS Graduation Ceremony.
Key Dates to Remember
Tuesday, May 25: Announcement of Valedictorian and Salutatorian
Monday, May 31: Graduation Fee Due
Tuesday, June 22: Grad Gown Pick Up
Monday, June 28: Grad Gown Return
Saturday, June 26: Graduation Ceremony at ESBCHS
Grad Ceremony & Ticket Distribution Information
Ceremony Ticket Distribution
TBD: Ceremony Tickets – Round One
TBD: Ceremony Tickets – Round Two
*Ceremony tickets will only be made available to those who have paid their graduation fee.
Mandatory Ceremony Meeting: TBD
When: 3:15pm until approximately 5:00pm
Where: School Gymnasium
Cap & Gown Distribution & Group Photo
Graduation Ceremony: Friday, June 25, 2021
Ecole Secondaire Beaumont Composite High School
5417 – 43 Ave
The designation of Salutatorian for the graduating class each year is given to a grade 12 student who excels in the following areas:
- Student is in good academic standing and has acted in accordance with the ESBCHS Code of Conduct
- Student demonstrates strong public speaking ability
- Student is involved in the school beyond the classroom setting (has extra-curricular involvement)
- Student demonstrates friendliness, courtesy, respect for and acceptance of others
Graduation Formal Ticket Sales and Information
Banquet Ticket Sales
TBD: Formal Ticket Sales – Round One
TBD: Formal Ticket Sales – Round Two
*Further information about formal ticket prices and sales will be available in late May.
Formal MC’s Criteria
The designation of formal masters of ceremony for the graduating class each year is given to two grade 12 students who:
- are in good academic standing and has acted in accordance with the ESBCHS Code of Conduct
- demonstrate strong public speaking ability
- demonstrate friendliness, courtesy, respect for and acceptance of others
Student Conduct during Graduation Ceremony & Formal
We encourage all parents to talk with their graduands concerning proper conduct during graduation events. Because these are formal programs and we are presenting it to honour those students who are about to reach this initial milestone in their lives, we want to take steps that will ensure that the conduct is consistent with the event. When you are organizing transportation to and from the events, please take steps to ensure that students arrive at the ceremony and banquet without being under the influence of any kind of intoxicants.
Prior to the ceremony, we will have staff helping with the grad line-ups. If we feel a student has consumed alcohol or drugs, we will ask his/her parent(s) to come and have the student sit with them in the audience for the duration of the ceremony. Further disciplinary action will be taken at the school and may include suspension and/or banquet tickets being revoked.
In 1996, the Board of Trustees of Black Gold Regional School Division adopted the following policy concerning alcohol at graduations:
1. The board will not support any legal claim against an employee and/or volunteer who has authorized alcohol at a student activity.
2. No alcohol is to be served or sold at school graduation formals or events.
3. Student activities, whether or not they take place on school grounds, are to be alcohol free.
This policy indicates the minimum penalty for a student who attends a school function under the influence of alcohol or drugs would be a suspension from school for a set period and depending on the seriousness, it could result in suspension from school along with a recommendation to the Board for expulsion.
It is our sincere hope that all participants in the 2021 graduation events will extend their full cooperation with regards to this matter. Through this cooperation, we will take every precaution to ensure that the graduation will be safe and orderly, and that it can continue to be an occasion that graduands, parents, staff and guests can look back on with pride.
We would like to ask all parents of graduands to discuss this matter with their child prior to both events. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact a school administrator.
Graduation Portrait Information
Icon Experience Photography will be here during exam week in January to take Grad Photos. Online booking is now available. Please ensure you are booking appointments around your graduates exam schedule.
Online Booking Instructions:
- Go to www.iconexp.com
- Click Book Now
- Select Beaumont Composite Grad Portraits as the event and then Grad Portraits as your service
- Then move ahead to January to select a time
**Note that there are 2 appointments for each time block as there will be 2 photographers so don’t panic if your time appears available after booking.
There will be a $30 Sitting Fee due and payable to Icon Experience Photography at the time of your portrait session. Grad Caps will not be available due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Graduation Ceremony Eligibility Form
The Graduation Criteria form is available on the PowerSchool Parent Portal under Student Fees & Forms and must be completed by all graduating Grade 12 students.
To be eligible to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, students must:
Graduation Status reviews for Grade 12 Students occur in November and February.
ESBCHS Full-time Student Status - 2020-2021
In order to be considered a full-time student, ESBCHS requires that students adhere to Black Gold School Division’s Administrative Procedure 335 on Student Course Loads which reads as follows:
In order to make optimum use of facilities and resources, high school students are to register in sufficient courses each year in order to allow for graduation within three (3) years.
- High school credits are to be registered through the local school
- Grade 10 students are to register for a full course load of forty (40) credits or more
- Grade 11 students are to register for a minimum of thirty-five (35) credits
- Grade 12 students are to register for a minimum of fifteen (15) credits per semester
- A Principal may waive these requirements if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the student’s educational program.
Calculations are based on six academic courses. Courses that are required are as follows:
|English Language Arts 30-1||Math 30-2|
|Social Studies 30-1||Math 30-1|
|French Language Arts 30-1||Math 31|
All students must include:
- one course from Column A (Top Humanities) and
- one course from Column B (Top Math/Science) and
- four additional courses listed in the table above.
For any diploma course that has been completed, the blended mark will be used in the calculation. For courses that are still in progress, the current course mark will be used. If a student completed a diploma course at another school, the diploma mark will be used in the calculation and not the blended mark.
The average will be calculated at the end of quarter three, using completed course marks and midterm marks for semester two courses. The valedictorian should also represent Ecole Secondaire Beaumont Composite High School’s core values and be in good standing with the school.