2018-2019 PD Plan
November 1 – Professional Development Day – School-based
Staff will take part in a number of activities that coincide with our school’s three year plan.
Morning Sessions include:
- FNMI Foundational Knowledge
- Mental Health Literacy.
Afternoon Sessions include:
- Being more productive with Chromebooks, Google tools and Google Classroom with guest Darren Maltais
- PowerTeacher PRO support
- Department time
October 19 – Professional Development Day – Combined
Individual participation in Professional Development activities on Combined PD days are prioritized in the following order:
- The Division will organize a number of PD events based on Division-wide initiatives and identified priorities for Student Services. Some of these sessions include:
- Healthy Interactions workshop
- Social media in schools
- Subject specific cohorts
- Teachers may participate in Professional Learning Communities (PLC) that are aligned with their Professional Growth Plan. Some activities that teachers are taking part in include:
- Blueprinting assessments in various departments
- Item-writing to develop questions in various departments for both unit exams and the final exam.
September 14 – Professional Development Day – School-based
All – Black Gold Welcome Back and Long Service Ceremony
School-based PD Activities including:
- Personal Professional Growth Plan development.
- Teacher training on PowerTeacher Pro grade books reporting program
- Staff wellness activities aimed to build relationships among staff